Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Whilst living in a Basement, you might need Raid

Remember over here, where I babbled about Dillan and his tick issues?

Well, this is the part when I babble about myself and my mosquito issues. And spiders. But not house centipedes. I refuse to go to that dark place.

Mosquitos are by far the worst. They are tricksy. You might say to yourself, "self, you've got on jeans, sneaks, and a t-shirt. There's no way a bug could get to your belly button." Think again. I am currently battling about 5 mosquito bites. Bites I can only suppose came from my few minutes out with Dillan during the day. I shudder to think of any other time I could have gotten a mosquito bite in the exact location some might refer to as the spot of the "tramp stamp."

There's also the spiders. I know it comes with living in a basement. I knew there'd be spiders. And I'm sure about 80% of them are brown recluses. But I'm always finding new little webs or smashing something on the floor. And I've gotten into the very normal habit of checking the bed for spideys before getting in. Nathan has taken to shaking his shoes out in the morning as well. I'm not sure if that helps. Spiders have mad gripping skills. <see photo below>

This guy greeted me home last evening.



Hey fella! Thanks for holding down the fort, while we were out. Good to know we can count on you when Dillan is just snoozing in his crate.

2 comments:

  1. That totally gives me the heebie jeebies... <>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,
    You are a trooper. Just think, cold weather will be here before you know it. The cold weather will at least take care of the mosquitos and hopefully some of the spiders. How is the new job going?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...