Thursday, August 16, 2012

Drink a Greyhound (kind of)

I don't claim to know anything at all about drinks. Drinky drinks. I'm the kind of gal that always ends up with a beer because I don't know anything else. And that's okay. 

But, wanting to put my popsicle molds to good use, I decided to jump on that trend of cocktail popsicles. Or, better known as, "poptails".

I used this website. The choices were wide and full of possibility. Hop over there and look, betcha can't guess which one I made.

It's not very hard.

A really easy guess.

Okay, I made the greyhound popsicles. Having never heard of the cocktail before, I thought it might widen my cocktail horizons. 

So when I headed out to get groceries I picked a few little ingredients as well.

- lime smirnoff
- rasberries (all the strawberries were bad!!)
- and a grapefruit

Then I got home and took those babies for a spin in the blender. The contents of which was a whole pack of raspberries (8 oz.) the juice from one whole grapefruit, and I think a whole cup of vodka.

Booz - y.

and

Tang - y

The tartness of so much fresh grapefruit juice was overpowering and I only got through a few bites because I was eating tortilla chips to combat the bitterness. 

I do want to try again though. I'm hoping for a super hot weekend of sun bathing, boozy popsicles and book 4 of game of thrones. Ah, refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...