Tuesday, May 19, 2015

First Stitch Fix Review

Holland is most content strapped to me. She doesn't like her carseat much, and while I'm hoping that she grows to love it, for now I'll keep wrapping her into my chest. I really love baby wearing but it makes shopping next to impossible. I mean sure I could continually wrap and unwrap in stores, but where do I put the baby? On the floor? ew - no. So, I signed up for a stitch Fix. A subscription service that pairs you with a stylist who then sends you 5 items as often as you request it. Here's what I got this month.



First item: Space Dye Dolman Sleeve Knit Top:
I was not a fan of this for several reasons. The Dolman sleeve is just not my thing. This sweater was very long. Not flattering. And finally, it's a sweater and Nashville from May-September is not just hot, but humid. Pass.

Second / Third Item: Black Knit Pant and Space Dye Open Cardigan



This was closer. But I may as well have been wearing leggings. Again with the heavy things during summer. Pants had to be cuffed and I just didn't feel like I would ever buy a cardigan like this. But - I did ask for nursing-friendly items and my stylist was really sensitive to that. Pass and Pass.

Fourth Item: Button Down Blouse




Winner Winner. Loved this sleeveless blouse. Works for work and the weekend. Easy to nurse. Fits great across the chest - which is challenging right now - and I think will continue to fit great after Holland is weaned. Keeper!

Fifth Item: Gold Earrings

These were really lovely and nailed what I would buy myself, but I didn't keep them because I just didn't want to spend the money this time.

Summary:

It is as awkward as you can imagine to take photos of yourself and getting the focus right is hard. #thingstoimproveupon

Nathan commented that they just sent what was fashionable right now, but I'm holding out that as more and more happen my stylist will start #nailing my style. 

You can schedule to get them as often as you'd like. Right now mine arrive every month.

I selected the "as cheap as I can get it" price option but felt like the items were still kind of high. nathan thought they were normal. However - there is a $20 stylist fee for every box that is removed from your total of items kept. So a shirt that is listed as $40 is $20 - but you still pay $40 because there's a $20 styling fee. Make sense?

If you'd like to give it a try - use my referral! link below:

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5209441


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...