Monday, November 28, 2011

Lessons Learned - Black Friday Edition

For the past 10 or so years I have woken up with my mom and sisters for the insanity that is Black friday shopping. I missed shopping with them this year because we were with Nathan's family all weekend. But I still perused the sale papers for "great" deals and ideas on what to buy people for Christmas.

Nate and I stuck with the envelope method and only used cash for gifts so we wouldn't go over budget. Highly recommended. 

Also recommended, not shopping at midnight when most crazy stores open. While creating our list, we decided that the best place to do that was in bed. So at 11 p.m. after a day of pigging out, we decided to stay in bed and cut our losses by shopping in the morning. I got up at 6:30 as usual to let Dillan out, and we were out the door to hit the shops at about 7:15. Of course this was not before stopping at Chic-fil-a for chicken minis...
But the town was deserted. Seriously, no lines, no traffic, and we still found everything on our list. Noted for next year.

Since family members read this (I'm talking to you mother) I can't give away our awesome Christmas surprises. But I did find a great deal for Dillan.

Petsmart had all Purina products on sale with your "PetPerks" card. I usually buy the giant 34 pound bag at Wal-Mart for about $30, but Petsmart had bags for 25.99, savings of maybe $4. WOOT! I am a deal machine. 

Update: if you're curious, Dillan eats Purina One Chicken and Rice along with a fish oil pill and a scoop of plain yogurt. What does your dog love to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...