Thursday, January 5, 2012

Puppy Sandwiches

If you didn't know "KONG" has a facebook page and every Tuesday they paste a haiku (haikuesday if you will) about the happiness that kong products brings to dogs. 

In inspiration of this, here's my haiku for today's post:

Dillan loves his treats
He knows what to do with them
Go straight to his crate.

Usually we buy some store brand dog treat and scoop a big glob of peanut butter on it, at which Dillan runs into his crate awaiting his tasty.
But I started thinking, why buy Dillan his own jar of peanut butter, plus whatever extreme that a box of "Milkbones" costs when I can just make some treats myself.

So i made the long awaited dog biscuits that have been pinned on my "For Dillan" Pinterest Board forever. They were so easy! And I already had all of the ingredients.

Okay, so you will need the following,
- 3/4 cup of milk 
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

(optional: I added some parsley as a breath freshener)


Hi, I shop at Kroger.
Preheat your oven to 350 and mix that stuff! (recipe says whisk, I am lazy).
First mix the milk, egg, and peanut butter until smooth, then add the rest.


Spread some flour on your counter and roll out your dough 1/4" thick. Then cut whatever size and shape you want. I chose squares...

Place your treats on some lined baking sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes then flip them over and bake for 15.
Let them cool for a while (an hour?) before giving to your puppy.

Look a full canister of treats! Yazah!

Aaaaand, Dillan loves them! Problem, he eats his treat on the carpet, so I have to vacuum up the crumblies. He also kind of drools for them.



Update: these treats lasted about 4 weeks. I just made a fresh batch!


2 comments:

  1. You're such a good mommy to your 4 legger, Michelle. Plus, these cookies are so much better for Dillan than the store bought kind and have none of the additives. I have a couple more recipes if you're interested. I think I even have a doggie birthday cake recipe you could use on his 'Gotcha Day' if you want. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...