Friday, December 23, 2011

Dillan's Kindred

Nathan and I joke about how similar to a deer our dog is.

     - He curls into a little ball like Bambi.
     - His long legs and sleek physique.
     - His doe eyes.

Well this morning we rounded the corner of the apartment building to see 5 deer. We immediately froze. Dillan was enamored. I'm not sure if it's because he thought "These are my people" or "I bet I could catch one," but we didn't move for about 5 minutes.

The deer were frozen too.  All staring back at us. I couldn't tell whether there were any bucks or fawns because it was so dark (a detail for my Dad). Two were definitely shorter.

Finally one deer turned and pranced off and the others followed. So did we. Dillan and I ran down the little hill and back behind the next set of apartments to see the deer squeezing through a little gap between the fences and on into a wide open field.

In other news, while wrapping Christmas gifts we tried to put a bow on Dillan's head. While putting the bow on his tiny head he gave us puppy eyes, literally wanting us to know "why???". Then just when we were ready to grab a camera, he'd shake it off. Oh well, we'll try again Sunday.

Also, we took our annual trip to Asheville to visit the Grove Park Inn gingerbread houses. Here's one of my favorites.



Merry Christmas Dillan. You met your real family.  Your real gift will be a giant Greenie.

And I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas weekend. What are your plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...