I've been following The Daybook Blog for a while now. Sydney writes on most Thursdays about things in the past week that have been both awkward and awesome. After a few experiences this weekend, I can think of no better way to share them with you than with an awkward/awesome post.
Disclaimer: mine will not include an outfit; however, it will include this wonderful photo I found of Nathan and myself at our graduation party 4 years ago.
- using the restroom in the mall and choosing the stall with no toilet paper. Knowing there's someone in the next stall "could you please hand me some toilet paper?" as I wave my arm under the stall.
A little louder because I know there's a mom out there changing a diaper, "excuse me could you please hand me some toilet paper?"
No response. Not even a "just a minute".
New feet patter, "excuse me, could you please hand me some toilet paper?"
"Yeah I'll be right back."
Thank you helpful janitor lady.
- Going to my local Sephora to check out all the NARS products that everyone seems to love.
Consultant: "Can I help you find anything"
Me: "Where's the NARS counter?"
Consultant: "This way. Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Consultant: "Do you know the color"
Me: <inner turmoil> "Orgasm" and then cue the natural blush.
- Feeling super pumped at buying some black oxford shoes at Forever21 for 10 bucks only to have the finish rub off on the toe within hours.
- Husband recording new music. And then the look on his face when I surprised him by showing up last night. It was a good surprise.
- Husband helping out with house tidying because I'm overwhelmed at keeping up with everything and cramming for the big exam in a few weeks.
- Taking a much needed mini-vacation this weekend with Nathan. Including rock concert with MUTEMATH and tasty food and coffee in Asheville.