Thursday, May 24, 2012

No TV

I think today is the day that we finally have no cable or internet in our apartment.

Gasp. Shock. Ahhh! The Horror! I'm scared.

You might be asking yourself, "self, why would anyone want to be without internet. I get cable, kind of, but internet?!?"

Well we have a few reasons.

1.) We are moving. We only have about 3 weeks in our apartment, and would rather save that money for the move than spend it on a bill - even if they can pro-rate.

2.) The next 3 weeks are going to be super busy. We have to pack. Nathan is leaving for Nashville early in the morning for a job interview. Then the next weekend he has 2 shows at the Blue Plum Festival. Then the next weekend we will be in Roanoke for my little sister's wedding.

3.) I love shows toooooo much. I watch TV. Oh, do I watch TV. And it's not healthy, I get on these "just one more episode" kicks that turns into 4 hours of "Scrubs." And I don't always pick good shows to watch, i.e. "Being Human" I just have to watching something. So I'm hoping that time without internet and cable will free me to pack, read, exercise, and visit with friends and family more before we move.

Do you have any experience with being internet free? Is it just the most freeing thing ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...